Preparation time: 5 minutes
This is one of the easiest appetizers you can make, and it is always well received. It’s especially perfect for impromptu gatherings as it can be whipped up in a flash. Place the spread in a bowl or ramekin, line up some crackers on the side, and leave your guests to smear or dip as they wish. This would also be good with raw veggie sticks. Leftovers can be tucked inside an omelet for breakfast. Serve at room temperature.
- 1 225-gram pack cream cheese, softened
- 1 220-gram bottle spicy sardines in oil
- Crackers to serve
- Drain sardines and save the spicy oil. Split sardines lengthwise and remove central bone.
- Place the sardines in a bowl with the cream cheese and mix until fully incorporated.
- Taste your mix. If you’d like it spicier, add a little of the spicy oil back in and mix again.
- Serve with crackers.
Visit Joey de Larrazabal-Blanco's blog at http://80breakfasts.blogspot.com.