5 Signs of Depression in Men
Clinical depression-in women or men-can cause sadness and a loss of interest in once pleasurable activities. But depression can sometimes manifest in different ways in different people.
Read:Herbs Help For Male Depression
"While the symptoms used to diagnose depression are the same regardless of gender, often the chief complaint can be different among men and women," says Ian A. Cook, MD, the Miller Family professor of psychiatry at the University of California-Los Angeles.
Today on Yahoo
- NYC, Orthodox Jews reach deal on circumcision suction ritual Associated Press - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 9:37 AM PHT
- The pursuit of happy-ness: Liz Uy's beauty secret Yahoo Southeast Asia SHE - 18 hours ago
- To manage diabetes, eat breakfast like an athlete, dinner like a sloth, study suggests AFP Relax - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 10:24 PM PHT
Type 2 diabetes patients should eat a high-energy breakfast and a low-energy dinner for optimal control over their blood sugar, according to researchers hailing from Sweden and Israel who conducted a small-scale study. In the new study, published in the journal Diabetologia, they worked with eight men and 10 women who have lived with type 2 diabetes for less than 10 years. Ten of the 18 participants were being treated with a combination of diet advice and the drug metformin and the remaining …
- You are what you eat: 6 ways to eat mindfully Yahoo Southeast Asia SHE - Mon, Feb 23, 2015 8:31 PM PHT
- Date without the pressure of hooking up: Peekawoo is the app for you Yahoo Southeast Asia SHE - 17 hours ago
- Eating peanuts early could prevent allergy in infants: study AFP Relax - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 4:47 PM PHT
With peanut allergies on the rise worldwide, a study Monday found that contrary to previous advice, feeding foods containing peanuts to babies before 11 months of age may help prevent allergies. The findings in the New England Journal of Medicine are based on a British study of 640 children, aged four months to 11 months, who were considered at high risk of becoming allergic to peanuts either because of a pre-existing egg allergy or eczema, which can be linked to peanut allergy. Researchers …
- UK police believe 3 missing schoolgirls have entered Syria Associated Press - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 2:42 AM PHT
- Give in to the pressure! Pressure cooking is safe and easy Associated Press - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 6:14 AM PHT