SHE Shout Out: August 15 is National Pizza Day
On National Pizza Day, California Pizza Kitchen marks the opening of the first CPK restaurant in the Philippines 15 years ago by Global Restaurant Concepts, Inc. Widely known for its California-style of cuisine, the restaurant is known for its innovative takes on pizza such as its BBQ Chicken Pizza and fresh, hearty salads.
“At the time CPK was launched, it was the first time CPK set foot in the Philippines, it was the first outside of the U.S., and it was the biggest in the world. We were also the first restaurant to serve American-style dining, where we encouraged people to share each dish,” explained Griffith Go, CFO of GRCI. “Pizza is the heart and soul of CPK and in celebration of our 15th year, we’d like to invite everyone to CPK where they can get a free pizza for every order of pizza, along with bottomless Coca-Cola.”
For every regular or thin crust pizza ordered for dine-in, CPK will provide another pizza for free from among their bestsellers: BBQ Chicken Pizza, Pepperoni, Five Cheese and Fresh Tomato, Hawaiian Bacon Pizza or Traditional Cheese. Diners can also avail of a refillable Coca-Cola pizza for only P50.
As part of its 15th year celebration, CPK is bringing new menu items with a “global-inspired California twist,” which is 100% Filipino-made and conceptualized, such as the Prosciutto Pizza, Vegetarian Pizza, Lasagna Milanese, Black Seafood Pomodoro, Mu Shu Chicken Calzone and its own Cheese Steak Sandwich. New starters on the menu include Fried Mozzarella Sticks, Quesadilla, Spinach with Gorgonzola and the Asian Chicken Wrap. Guests will also find a new CPK thirst quencher, Fruit Sangria made of chardonnay, mango and orange juices.
The new CPK menu items will be exclusively available in the Philippines and are available at restaurants in Glorietta 3, Alabang Town Center, Shangri-La Plaza Mall, Greenhills Promenade, Trinoma, Power Plant Mall and Greenbelt 5.
Have a look at the slideshow for some of CPK's Filipino-conceptualized dishes, created specifically for National Pizza Day.
Today on Yahoo
- Date without the pressure of hooking up: Peekawoo is the app for you Yahoo Southeast Asia SHE - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 1:51 PM PHT
- The pursuit of happy-ness: Liz Uy's beauty secret Yahoo Southeast Asia SHE - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 12:24 PM PHT
- To manage diabetes, eat breakfast like an athlete, dinner like a sloth, study suggests AFP Relax - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 10:24 PM PHT
Type 2 diabetes patients should eat a high-energy breakfast and a low-energy dinner for optimal control over their blood sugar, according to researchers hailing from Sweden and Israel who conducted a small-scale study. In the new study, published in the journal Diabetologia, they worked with eight men and 10 women who have lived with type 2 diabetes for less than 10 years. Ten of the 18 participants were being treated with a combination of diet advice and the drug metformin and the remaining …
- NYC, Orthodox Jews reach deal on circumcision suction ritual Associated Press - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 9:37 AM PHT
- You are what you eat: 6 ways to eat mindfully Yahoo Southeast Asia SHE - Mon, Feb 23, 2015 8:31 PM PHT
- How to create an urban tropical home Yahoo Southeast Asia SHE - Mon, Feb 23, 2015 8:20 PM PHT
- Give in to the pressure! Pressure cooking is safe and easy Associated Press - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 6:14 AM PHT
- Kendall Jenner struts for Fendi, Kate Mara cozy in Max Mara Associated Press - 15 hours ago