The true fashionista will want to know and prepare for next season's trends, which we saw all over the runways. Here are some of the exciting and eclectic styles for Spring/Summer 2013.
Related: Expert fashion and beauty advice
Make it blue and flowy. Water is a big inspiration for many designers for 2013, whether it's through color choice, draping, cut outs, and even actual photo prints of water and beach scenes. Look forward to a lot of blues in every shade imaginable, and light, flowy dresses to match.
Show off (a piece of) your midriff. Baring your belly may seem like a scary and inappropriate thing to do after the age of 25, but the new styles don't bare all. Instead, you will find cute high-waisted skirts and cropped pants, paired with “just a tad short” tops, exposing only a smidgen of your midriff.
Wear stripes of all kinds. Stripes are back again for 2013, as they appear in different ways—vertical, diagonal, horizontal, you name it! Keep your lines from getting boring by sporting varied amounts of thickness and color to keep it fun and interesting.
Flaunt 50 shades of leather. Blame it on the bestseller “Fifty Shades of Grey.” Leather and S&M-inspired pieces will be hot next year: leather in all colors and dresses with and harnesses and leather. It's important to note though that the hard material will be paired up with the most girly fabrics such as lace and chiffon to balance out the edge.
Keep cool with sexy sheers. Sheers are the perfect choice for the summer season as they can look sophisticated, yet will let you breathe at the same time. Showing patches of skin in strategic places is definitely sexier than baring it all.
More like this:
The color of the year for 2013
Happy new looks for the new year
The right way to wear white
Do you bite your nails? How to stop that bad habit
The season's hot new shoe trends
How to wear 2013’s trends rightBy Erica Paredes, Hippie In High Heels | Yahoo! SHE – Mon, Dec 31, 2012 8:45 AM PHT
Editor’s note:Yahoo Philippines encourages responsible comments that add dimension to the discussion. No bashing or hate speech, please. You can express your opinion without slamming others or making derogatory remarks.
- Russian superhighway could connect London to New York AFP Relax - Fri, Mar 27, 2015 1:24 AM PHT
Russia has unveiled ambitious plans to build a superhighway that, in theory, could make it possible to drive from London on one end to New York on the other. According to a report by The Siberian Times, the head of Russian Railways is asking the government to seriously consider his project dubbed the Trans-Eurasian Belt Development, the first modern transportation corridor that would link up the Pacific to the Atlantic Ocean. Plans call for the construction of a new high-speed railway and the …
- What Everyone Gets Wrong At The Gym Realbuzz - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 5:00 PM PHT
- White House unveils plan to fight antibiotic-resistant germs Associated Press - Sat, Mar 28, 2015 4:35 AM PHT
- 8 Signs the Girl You’re Dating is Not the One 8list - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 8:25 AM PHT
- Taking chicken from frozen to delicious in under 30 minutes Associated Press - Fri, Mar 27, 2015 9:27 PM PHT
- Sierra Leoneans to stay home in final push to stop Ebola Associated Press - Sat, Mar 28, 2015 8:03 AM PHT
- DIY ideas for the Easter brunch table Associated Press - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 9:41 PM PHT
- 8 Things I Learned from the Boss from Hell 8list - Thu, Mar 26, 2015 3:07 PM PHT
Today on Yahoo
My New Year's resolution is to: