The true fashionista will want to know and prepare for next season's trends, which we saw all over the runways. Here are some of the exciting and eclectic styles for Spring/Summer 2013.
Related: Expert fashion and beauty advice
Make it blue and flowy. Water is a big inspiration for many designers for 2013, whether it's through color choice, draping, cut outs, and even actual photo prints of water and beach scenes. Look forward to a lot of blues in every shade imaginable, and light, flowy dresses to match.
Show off (a piece of) your midriff. Baring your belly may seem like a scary and inappropriate thing to do after the age of 25, but the new styles don't bare all. Instead, you will find cute high-waisted skirts and cropped pants, paired with “just a tad short” tops, exposing only a smidgen of your midriff.
Wear stripes of all kinds. Stripes are back again for 2013, as they appear in different ways—vertical, diagonal, horizontal, you name it! Keep your lines from getting boring by sporting varied amounts of thickness and color to keep it fun and interesting.
Flaunt 50 shades of leather. Blame it on the bestseller “Fifty Shades of Grey.” Leather and S&M-inspired pieces will be hot next year: leather in all colors and dresses with and harnesses and leather. It's important to note though that the hard material will be paired up with the most girly fabrics such as lace and chiffon to balance out the edge.
Keep cool with sexy sheers. Sheers are the perfect choice for the summer season as they can look sophisticated, yet will let you breathe at the same time. Showing patches of skin in strategic places is definitely sexier than baring it all.
More like this:
The color of the year for 2013
Happy new looks for the new year
The right way to wear white
Do you bite your nails? How to stop that bad habit
The season's hot new shoe trends
How to wear 2013’s trends rightBy Erica Paredes, Hippie In High Heels | Yahoo! SHE – Mon, Dec 31, 2012 8:45 AM PHT
Also on Yahoo
- NY Fashion Week: Football on a frigid day at Hilfiger
- NYC mayor laughs off "Fifty Shades of Grey" attack ad
- H&M reveals photos from its campaign with Lara Stone
- Zimbabwe takes out scenes from 'Fifty Shades of Grey' film
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' stays on top of weekend box office
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' whips up stunning $81.7 million
- Teens mob mall after being denied entry to 'Fifty Shades'
- tods-ss2015Yahoo SHE
Editor’s note:Yahoo Philippines encourages responsible comments that add dimension to the discussion. No bashing or hate speech, please. You can express your opinion without slamming others or making derogatory remarks.
- Nurse who survived Ebola sues Dallas hospital system Associated Press - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 7:20 AM PHT
- Snoop Dogg 'drips' it like it's hot at Etam Paris pool show Associated Press - 22 hours ago
- Airlines move to better track planes a year after Flight 370 Associated Press - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 7:30 AM PHT
- Second Los Angeles hospital reports 'superbug' infections Associated Press - 15 hours ago
- 7 Diet Hacks You Need To Try Now Realbuzz - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 5:00 PM PHT
- 5 stunners from the Geneva car show Associated Press - 23 hours ago
- For taste of the Middle East, try za'atar on any meat or veg Associated Press - Thu, Mar 5, 2015 2:06 AM PHT
When I was growing up in Dubai, my favorite afterschool snack was "manaeesh bi za'atar," a warm flatbread smeared with a deep green paste made of olive oil and the beloved Middle Eastern spice blend, za'atar. Rolled up with some creamy lebneh (thick yogurt) and fresh tomatoes, it's still the snack I crave today. …
- Leg-Toning Exercises For Perfect Pins In 30 Days Realbuzz - Mon, Mar 2, 2015 5:00 PM PHT
Today on Yahoo
My New Year's resolution is to: