Every year, we come up with a list of things we want to change about ourselves, especially during the start of a new year. Often, resolutions never go past the first two or three months because some people just give up, or simply forget what they promised a few months before.
Perhaps a way to succeed in keeping your resolutions is to make sure they are realistic and achievable. Baby steps will help make it easier to stick to your goals.
Related: How to keep your New Year's resolutions
In the coming year, here are a few simple beauty resolutions that can make a world of difference:
1. Wash your make-up off every night. No excuses! Even if you are coming from a crazy night out with your friends, promise yourself that you will never sleep with your make-up on. Not only will you look horrible the next morning, with panda eyes and streaky lipstick, it is also bad for your skin. Bacteria and oil can build up on your face, allowing blemishes and zits to form and causing other skin issues in the future.
2. Clean your make-up brushes. Even if you are not a make-up artist who uses your tools on different people and therefore needs to make sure you wash after every use, bacteria can still build on your brushes from everyday use. Make sure you wash your brushes with a baby shampoo at least once a week and lay them flat on a towel to dry overnight.
3. Keep your nails neat and tidy. We are all guilty of sometimes of leaving our nail polish on way past their prime, so make it your New Year's resolution to make sure you remove your polish at the first signs of chipping. Remember, non-polished nails that are cut and cleaned look better than chipped nails!
4. Retouch your roots. Even the ombre look (dark-to-light hair color) is carefully planned out so if you are going to color your hair a significantly lighter or darker shade, make sure you will have the time and resources for the upkeep.
Related: Top 10 beauty resolutions
Finally, here are two other things that seem to show up in every New Year’s resolution list. They may need a little more will power, but may prove to be doable and sustained if reframed in another way.
5. Switch to electronic cigarettes. It’s a sneaky way to say stop smoking but kicking a nicotine addiction requires a lot of help. So e-cigarettes might to do trick. Or, look to one of the many ways now available to stop this bad habit, including nicotine patches and anything that will give your lungs a break. Excessive smoking can cause bad breath, yellow teeth and fingers and a sallow complexion, and there is nothing attractive about any of that!
6. Build stamina and energy! Another way to say start working out but to make things easier for you, don't make losing weight your goal. Instead, tell yourself that you are taking care of your body and are building stamina and energy. Think of how good you will feel, and the weight loss is secondary, but will also be very visible if you stay consistent.
More like this:
Happy new looks for 2013
Nail the perfect pedicure
6 top make-up essentials
Guide to age-appropriate make-up
6 simple beauty resolutions for 2013By Erica Paredes, Hippie In High Heels | Yahoo! SHE – Mon, Dec 31, 2012 8:15 AM PHT
Also on Yahoo
- Health experts defend e-cigarettes despite concerns
- 3 Key Ways Your Health Matters in Business
- Has Your Client Walked? Why You Shouldn't Say 'Goodbye.'
- To Track the Effectiveness of a Marketing Plan, You Need Modern Day Me …
- 5 Habits That Are Destroying Your Ability to Lead
- 5 Ways Entrepreneurs Can Gain a Competitive Advantage
- How Looking at Obstacles as Opportunities Improved My Partnership
- Know your nailsCover Media
Editor’s note:Yahoo Philippines encourages responsible comments that add dimension to the discussion. No bashing or hate speech, please. You can express your opinion without slamming others or making derogatory remarks.
- Russian superhighway could connect London to New York AFP Relax - Fri, Mar 27, 2015 1:24 AM PHT
Russia has unveiled ambitious plans to build a superhighway that, in theory, could make it possible to drive from London on one end to New York on the other. According to a report by The Siberian Times, the head of Russian Railways is asking the government to seriously consider his project dubbed the Trans-Eurasian Belt Development, the first modern transportation corridor that would link up the Pacific to the Atlantic Ocean. Plans call for the construction of a new high-speed railway and the …
- What Everyone Gets Wrong At The Gym Realbuzz - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 5:00 PM PHT
- White House unveils plan to fight antibiotic-resistant germs Associated Press - Sat, Mar 28, 2015 4:35 AM PHT
- 8 Signs the Girl You’re Dating is Not the One 8list - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 8:25 AM PHT
- Sierra Leoneans to stay home in final push to stop Ebola Associated Press - Sat, Mar 28, 2015 8:03 AM PHT
- DIY ideas for the Easter brunch table Associated Press - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 9:41 PM PHT
- 'Car park king' Richard III's tomb revealed AFP Relax - Sat, Mar 28, 2015 5:51 PM PHT
The stone tomb covering the grave of Richard III was unveiled Friday, the last act in the reburial of the 15th-century king found beneath a car park. The 2.3-tonne slab of Swaledale fossil stone went on public display the day after he was reinterred in Leicester Cathedral, central England, in the presence of royalty. The light-coloured stone was quarried from land that Richard once owned in Yorkshire, his northern English stronghold. Richard's coffin was reburied in the Leicester Cathedral …
- Taking chicken from frozen to delicious in under 30 minutes Associated Press - Fri, Mar 27, 2015 9:27 PM PHT
Today on Yahoo
My New Year's resolution is to: