Or make these beauty enhancers yourself right at your home because you probably already have all the ingredients.
1. Oats and honey aren’t just for breakfast. They’re also a great face mask. Mix them and apply to your face, then remove when the mixture dries. Soft skin in a few minutes!
image by Joseph de Leo
2. Tomatoes are good for the skin not only when eaten. If you have oily skin, apply a puree of fresh tomatoes to your face, then rinse. Watch your skin glow without the stickiness.
3. Breakouts? Not a problem. Control it by dabbing a cotton ball with red wine on the problem area/s. Its detoxifying properties fight off acne.
4. Potatoes when fried aren’t that healthy for you. But when raw potatoes are grated, they’re good for tightening swollen and puffy eyes. Place them on your closed eyes for 15 minutes, then rinse.
5. Remove makeup with cucumber and milk. Peel cucumber and mash. Heat in a pan with 1/2 cup of milk and stir. Remove from heat when it simmers. Wipe mixture over your face with cotton ball. Wash off.
6. After shampooing, condition your hair with regular mayonnaise (not salad dressing). Massage onto hair and let sit for 15 minutes. Shampoo again, then rinse. It will add moisture to dry hair.
7. For damaged ends, massage a little olive oil onto hair ends and wrap in a warm towel for 10 minutes. Then, shampoo and condition like the usual.
8. Mix banana, honey, and lemon juice in a bowl. Spread on hands and feet and wear gloves and socks to bed. Wash off in the morning. Dry skin will smoothen overnight.
9. Known for its natural bleaching properties, calamansi or lemon can whiten dark spots. Scrub slices directly onto underarms, elbows, knees, and other problem area/s before taking a bath.
10. Exfoliate after every bath with powdered milk and sugar mixture. Wash off with water. It will leave your skin so soft; you will no longer feel the need to apply lotion.
11. Soak feet in a solution of 1/2 cup white vinegar, 5 - 6 Tbsp salt, and 1 gallon of warm water for a relaxing deodorizing foot bath. Your feet will thank you!
12. Whiten yellow nails with whitening toothpaste. Regularly brush your nails with it and observe how it removes the stains and brings shine to your nails.
What other homemade beauty remedy can you suggest?