“Years of cooking experience have taught me,” says model/host Jason Godrey, “ if you’re going to make moussaka… you better have ingredients. That’s a little tip.”
Jason may serve up some yumminess on the show “Hot Guys Who Cook," but he offered up some extra helpings of jokes as well.
When did Jason learn to cook? “I didn’t.”
How often does he cook? “A couple times a week, if pouring milk over dried grains counts.”
Why have you chosen to make moussaka? “Because I know how to cook very little besides bacon and cereal.”
Moussaka is a baked, eggplant-based dish and a staple of Mediterranean cuisine. “I’ve always thought it was Greek though people have told me it has Turkish roots,” says Jason. “I have no clue. I don't know what the style of cooking is. It's cooked in an oven so maybe it's ‘oven’ style.”
Jason’s version adds a bit of “Man” (he calls it “Man Moussaka”) and a secret ingredient of his own to make his moussaka extra delicious. “I wish I could tell you it was ‘sweat of a virgin’ or ‘goat’s uterus…” You’ll have to watch the clip – or the whole episode to find out what it is!
Yahoo! Exclusive: Hot Guy Who Cooks - Jason GodfreyModel/event host Jason Godfrey is ready to serve some yummy in this sneak peek preview of Hot Guys Who Cook's first episode, airing on June 25 at 9PM SG/MY/PH - 8PM ID on Diva Universal.
Jason Godfrey’s Man Moussaka
Canned tomato paste
*Watch “Hot Guys Who Cook” to find out!*
1. Crush the bread to make breadcrumbs (optional: use your manly hands to do so).
2. Cut the eggplants into fairly thin slices.
3. Dab olive oil onto the sliced eggplants.
3. Place the eggplants into two separate baking pans and pop them into the oven for a few minutes until they become soft and mushy.
4. To prepare the bechamel sauce, melt some butter in pan.
5. Add a little bit of flour and milk into the pan.
6.Next add some nutmeg powder.
7. Whisk the mixture until it becomes thick, add parmesan cheese, whisk again, then set it aside.
8. In another pan, heat up some oil .
9. Add in 2 diced red onions and chopped garlic.
10. Fry the beef.
11. Pour in some red wine.
12. Next, add in chopped parsley.
13. Add in two small cans of tomato paste.
14. Add a dash of salt.
15. Sprinkle some cinammon powder .
16. Next, add in *the secret ingredient*.
17. Remove the eggplants from the oven.
18. In a new tray, place the eggplants in it as the bottom layer.
19. Spread a thick layer meat goes over the eggplants.
20. Next, pour in the bechamel sauce.
21. Place another layer of eggplants on top of it.
22. Finally, cover the top with the breadcrumbs and the remaining parmesan cheese.
23. The moussaka goes into the oven for 25 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius.
24. Since it is 'Man Moussaka', use just your spoon and dig into it!
“Hot Guys Who Cook" airs every Monday at 9pm in the Philippines: Asian Vision Cable Channel 40; Cablelink Ch. 37; DREAM Satellite Ch. 33; Global Destiny Ch. 40; Sky Cable Ch. 37.