Before and after: Incredible transformation of gunshot victim
The University of Maryland released details on the recovery of Richard Lee Norris, the 37-year-old man who received the most extensive full face transplant completed to date seven months ago. Norris, of Hillsville, Virginia, was injured in a 1997 gun accident, losing much of his upper and lower jaws as well as his lips and nose. The transplant surgery, completed on March 20, 2012 at the University of Maryland Medical Center, included replacement of both jaws, teeth, tongue, and skin and underlying nerve and muscle tissue from scalp to neck.
- Yahoo! India News Thu, Oct 18, 2012 3:00 PM PHT
Today on Yahoo!
- AFP Relax - Thu, May 16, 2013 9:14 PM PHT
Below is information on the current background air quality in some of North America's major cities based on data taken from http://www.airnow.gov recorded at 13:05 pm GMT on May 16. CityQualityAtlanta (Georgia) [Moderate]Chicago (Illinois) [Moderate]Dallas (Texas) [Good]Denver (Colorado) [Good]New Orleans (Louisiana) [Good]New York City (New York) [Moderate]Miami (Florida) [Good]San Francisco (California) [Good]Washington DC (District of Columbia) [Moderate]Montreal (Quebec) [Good]Toronto
- Healthy Living - Mon, May 13, 2013 11:07 PM PHT
- Yahoo! Southeast Asia SHE - Thu, May 16, 2013 9:37 PM PHT
- AFP Relax - Sat, May 18, 2013 12:49 AM PHT
- Healthy Living - Fri, May 17, 2013 10:35 AM PHT