15 Foods that Build Strong Bones
Foods that are calcium powerhouses can boost your bone health in four ways. First, the calcium in them helps prevent the thinning that is virtually inevitable for your postmenopausal skeleton. Second, several of the foods up your intake of vitamin D, which is also important for bone health. Third, when you eat calcium-rich foods, you enhance the effect of any osteoporosis drugs you may be taking. And finally, foods with calcium content heighten the benefit of weight-bearing exercise. Supplements can't entirely make up for a lack of calcium and vitamin D in your diet, so promise yourself to add these 15 good-and-good-for-you choices to your meal plan starting today!
- Wed, Feb 15, 2012 1:48 AM PHT
Today on Yahoo!
- Yahoo! Southeast Asia SHE - Mon, Jun 17, 2013 8:28 PM PHT
Store-bought items are cost effective and easily accessible, but are also peppered with chemicals that may affect our health in the long run. If you’re deciding to go healthy and organic with your food, you may want to take your penchant for everything clean and green to the next level by introducing natural solutions to your home. …
- Healthy Living - Mon, Jun 17, 2013 9:57 PM PHT
- Healthy Living - Tue, Jun 18, 2013 6:29 AM PHT
- Healthy Living - Tue, Jun 18, 2013 12:01 AM PHT
- Healthy Living - 11 hours ago