A good way to start the year is by getting organized and here are EYP’s five steps to de-cluttering your home, office, and life!
1. Rack it all up! According to Greatdime Development Company, which is a leading importer of industrial products, display fixtures, and storage supplies, racks are a practical solution to organizing as it can stock items and open up more space in your home office.
There are a lot of racks in the market and each type serve a particular purpose, so do remember to pick a rack that suits your situation. Boltless racks are the most popular types on the market and Greatdime Development Company thinks that they are a good investment for the following reasons: the structure is interchangeable and can be altered depending on your items, it is easy to assemble, and it is economical.
2. Create a system for your files, calling cards, books, magazines, DVDs, and even delivery menus. Separate your personal, work, and other files and color-code its folders so it will be easy to find what you are looking for.
Arrange your calling cards, magazine, DVDs, and books in a certain order that is convenient for you, such as chronologically or alphabetical. Meanwhile, gather all your delivery menus and compile them in a clear book.
3. Organize your digital life. A cluttered digital life can also put a lot of stress on you. Organize your files into folders, delete all emails and files you don’t need, and never ever forget to back-up data!
Invest in an external hard drive, save important files on USB, and always save and upload your files online.
4. Distinguish between the things you need, things you don’t need, and things you may probably need in the future. Obviously, the things you need now stay. For the things that you may not need now, but may in the future, put them in a box and hide them for a while in the attic, basement, or the garage. Finally, throw, donate, or give away (you’ll never know, a friend may want your old Milkmaid costume from last Halloween) the things that no longer serve a purpose both in your present and future.
5. Clean as you go. Clutter has a sneaky way of appearing in our lives so make organizing a habit. Don’t allow for things to pile up and if possible, always fix your area at the end of the day.
Greatdime Development Company