The 7th Annual Scottish Fashion Awards took place last night and as well as the star-studded guest list of nominees, celebrities and supermodels in attendance, we waved goodbye to the rainy weather and jetted up to Glasgow too!
Style icon Alexa Chung took to the stage to host the awards with a dewy complexion courtesy of bareMinerals (European Make-up artist SJ Froom even persuaded her to wear foundation, something she usually hates!) and wearing a fabulous Christopher Kane dress – a canny choice as he was later crowned ‘Scottish Fashion Designer of the Year’. He said, “I am extremely proud and grateful to receive my award. I think that Scotland has such a wealth of great fashion talent from design through to production and the heritage is something that we should all be proud of.” We were pleased to see Christopher partying into the wee small hours in celebration of his achievement alongside Karen Gillan who scooped the award for Fashion Icon.
Grazia's Jo Oliver with David Gandy
Also on hand to add a touch of glamour to proceedings was Dolce and Gabbana model David Gandy who besides being the hottest person in the room, was actually feeling quite nervous about inducting the face of Chanel Stella Tennant into the Scottish Fashion Awards Hall of Fame. He still had time to ponder the football score with us while posing for photos and accidentally (although we’d like to think on purpose) touching our bum!
Made In Chelsea's Millie Mackintosh tweeted this pic of herself getting ready
Made In Chelsea star Millie Mackintosh, dressed in a gorgeous full-length black gown created by Supertrash for the occasion, was equally anxious about presenting an award asking us afterwards, ‘How did I do?!’. Once she had relaxed and enjoyed a sumptuous dinner of Scottish smoked salmon, fillet of beef and a trio of desserts including an adorable (and tasty) marshmallow handbag, we asked Millie what her highlight of the night had been. ‘Christopher Kane came up to me and said he loved me in the show. I was just so amazed that he knew who I was. He is fashion royalty!’ Ooh, we wonder if Millie will be toting some of his wares in the next series of MIC?
We also chatted to Scottish Graduate of the Year Joanne McGillivary who felt overwhelmed not only with her win, but also the fact she couldn’t get today off work from her job as a waitress at Frankie & Benny’s! We’re not sure how much longer she’ll need to keep working there…
While we pour another coffee, don’t forget to check out our gallery of red carpet pics – from the uber sleek and stylish to the patriotic - and - let us know who you think dressed the best!
FULL 2012 WINNERS LIST:
- Scottish Designer of the Year – sponsored by Instyle – CHRISTOPHER KANE
- Scottish Young Designer of the Year – sponsored by The Scottish Fashion Council – HAYLEY SCANLAN
- Scottish Textile Brand of the Year – sponsored by House of Fraser – DASHING TWEEDS
- Scottish Accessory Designer of the Year – sponsored by Swarovski – WILLIAM CHAMBERS
- Scottish Fashion Icon – sponsored by Captial FM – KAREN GILLAN
- Scottish Communicator of the Year – sponsored by Glasgow Airport – FAYE MCLEOD
- Scottish Model of the Year – sponsored by Radley London – TALI LENNOX
- Scottish Retailer of the Year – sponsored by Braehead – SHHH-OOHS (Luxury Shoe Retailer Edinburgh)
- Scottish Fashion Photographer – sponsored by The Herald and Times Group – JONATHAN DANIEL PRYCE
- Scotland’s New Face – sponsored by Smart of Glasgow – KERRY O’MAY
- Scottish Graduate of the Year – sponsored by Marks & Spencer – JOANNE MCGILLIVARY FROM HERRIOT WATT. DAVID BLACK WAS ALSO AWARDED A HIGHLY COMMENDED CERTIFICATE
- International Designer of the Year (for use of a Scottish fabric) – sponsored by Toni & Guy – MULBERRY
- Scottish Fashion Innovator sponsored by bareMinerals – BRIAN RENNIE – Creative Managing Director of Basler
- Fashion Ambassador sponsored by Mercedes-Benz West of Scotland – COLIN MCDOWELL MBE
- Scottish Hall of Fame 2010 – sponsored by Hartmann Media – STELLA TENNANT
Read more fashion and beauty news on graziadaily.co.uk
See what's in the latest issue of GRAZIA magazine
Click here to subscribe to the GraziaDaily newsletter