This Christmas season, instead of getting gifts for your friends and family at your usual department store, why not get your smart-phone-using friend some cool, useful apps from the Apple store online instead?
1. VidRhythm - $1.99 - Christmas and karaoke go together like peanut butter and jelly. And what better way to celebrate this marriage of the two things you love in life than by giving your loved one an app that does just that! They can record their friends singing their heart out at the Christmas party then VidRhythm will create a special little video mash-up of it and presto, instant music video! Then they can share the videos on YouTube or Facebook so they'll never be able to live that one night down.
2. TouchGrindBMX - $4.99 - It's one of the best-selling games of the year and has been garnering a lot of hype because of its popularity amongst hardcore gamers. It's addictive and fun and your gamer friend will love it for sure. Stunning graphics and realistic sounds makes this app a definite keeper.
3. King of Opera - $.99 - An easy and incredibly addictive game that you can play with friends of family for hours! A great gift for anyone with a family. The object of the game is to steal the spotlight from the other tenors and keep it for as long as you can, when another tenor steals it you can push them off the platform or just bump them aside with your massive belly.
4. Camera+ - $.99 - Included in TIME's list of Best iPhone Apps this year, Camera+ is the closest you can get to SLR photography with what is essentially a camera phone. Its key features include touch exposure and focus for ultimate control of your images, a stabilizer, 6x digital zoom, and scene modes and flashes for different indoor or outdoor settings.
5. P90X - $4.99 - For your gym rat buddy or just that person in your life that's been wanting to get in shape but needs that extra push in the right direction. The P90X app is the perfect solution. The breakthrough home workout system is now on the iPhone, making it easier for people to train, tone and keep the pounds off. They can track their daily nutrition, workouts for the day (with detailed instruction on how to execute each), and their progress since they started the program and see how far they've come.