Braiding your hair is a good way to easily transition from a casual to more put together look. (Plus, it's all the rage now!) Here's how to do two simple styles that will change your look in 10 minutes flat!
This easy to do style is a step above a regular ponytail, and looks effortlessly sexy and casual.
1. Apply mousse to damp hair and finger dry with a blow dryer.
2. From your hairline, grab a section of your hair (about 3 inches wide) and divide into three sections.
3. Grab the right section and pull over middle section, so that it is now in the middle. Then do the same with the left section.
4. Grab more hair (about a 1 inch section) from your right ear line and join it to your original right section, which will in turn be pulled over the entire middle section. Repeat on the left side.
5. Grab a new 1-inch section of hair from your lower ear line and repeat step 4.
6. When no more hair is left to grab from your head, start with a traditional braid and secure with a hair tie.
Say goodbye to boring buns and hello to this low maintenance, high impact ‘do.
1. Start off by doing two French braids on both sides of your head (like pigtails) and secure both ends with hair ties.
2. Grab the right braid and wrap it into a bun around the left braid. Secure with hairpins.
3. Repeat step 2 but wrap the left braid around the already made right bun. Secure with hairpins.
4. Finish off with a very light hair spray.
Have a question for Erica? Drop her a line at email@example.com
Erica Paredes has been working in the publishing industry for almost a decade as a fashion and beauty editor, newspaper columnist, stylist and make-up artist. Nowadays she juggles her time between food and fashion, beauty and travel plus mommy duties to her 8 year old daughter.