When your hair starts falling off like dry straws, what can you do?
Well, panicking and running around to expensive salons for hair treatment might seem a brilliant idea, but the truth is that you can manage to get a hold of the situation back at your home alone.
First, it would help to locate the various reasons for hair loss. Studies have revealed that men lose hair for some common reasons, like:
- Improper diet,
- Lack of proper vitamins,
- Genetic factors,
- Excessive stress, anxiety and worries,
- Prolonged illnesses like typhoid, anemia, dysentery, jaundice etc,
- Poor blood circulation, and
- Unclean scalps.
Once you have located the source of your problem, it can become much easier to fight back. In desperate times like these, it would help to go completely natural. Do not trust chemical products since they might cause more harm than good. To put your panicking soul to rest, here are 15 different ways to reduce hair loss:
- Take a glass of water with flaxseed (alsi) in an empty stomach. This will provide you with the omega 3 acid that you need for hair growth.
- Begin every day with one amla. Women generally use hair oil made of amla to get those lustrous curls, didn’t you know?
- Soak 5 almonds every night in water and eat them with their skin on.
- Your scalp needs nutrition. So get plenty of fluids like buttermilk, lime juice and coconut water. Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water every day!
- One bowl of sprouted pulses for would be great.
- Proteins. Eat chicken and egg each day.
- Reduce you daily intake of tea and coffee.
- When you are washing hair, use a teaspoon of lime juice for the last rinse. That make your hair lustrous while protecting it from dandruff.
- You are never too old for milk. Drink two glasses of skimmed milk for maximum benefits.
- Apply a paste of methi seeds on your scalp for half an hour once every week, and drink methi water on empty stomachs.
- Remember how the age old sadhus survived on fruits? No wonder that they had such long hair! Eat at least 2 or 3 fruits every day like strawberries, bananas, apples, mangoes, chikoos, and grapes.
- Go green- eat a lot of vegetables, munch away on that iron laden spinach.
- It is better to have more faith in white meat. Fish, chicken and egg can do wonders for your hair! Try to stay away from red meat.
Hair loss is more common in case of men than women. And you always did wonder whether gender difference worked out better for women, right? Follow these principles to the boots, and you would see satisfactory results soon enough! (MensXP.com)